Home             Who Am I             The Family             Recipes             Contact

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Twas the Night before Christmas...Eve?

Yes, I know...I am WAY behind on blogging, but in my defense, we have been extremely busy!  As I catch up on blogging, you will hear more about that, but for now...let's talk Christmas. :D

Our little family started a new tradition this year. 
Since our families live 3 1/2 hours away and we want to spend Christmas with them AND my family celebrates on Christmas Eve, we have decided to celebrate our Christmas at home on Christmas Eve morning.  This is a little tricky since Christmas Eve happens to be the day after Ali's birthday, but also because we had to make sure to write Santa a letter asking him to come a day early. ;)

We started our morning off very early!  Ali couldn't sleep because of all the excitement, so she came upstairs at 3am asking us how much longer she had to wait to open presents! LOL  She was sent back to bed and probably didn't sleep a wink before we came down at 7 to wake the kiddos. 

Ali was ready to go!  The boys...not so much.  Drew wanted to go back to sleep, but quickly changed his mind, when he was reminded that Santa had come!  Eli didn't understand this concept at all and was very moody! He is still precious, even when he is mad that we woke him up early. ;) Don't you think?



He quickly changed his mind:



Ali and Drew were giddy and it was so much fun!  I love that they are old enough to really enjoy Christmas...it's so cute! :D



We waited a few hours and let the kids enjoy their new presents before heading to NWA.  The drive there was pretty peaceful with all of the new electronics to play with in the car. ;) 

We got to NWA at around 5pm, just in time to celebrate with my family at my Gma's house. 
We had a great time with my extended family and then headed over to my parent's house, where we were greeted by the most special presents EVER!!!

When I was young, my grandfather made me a desk. It was so special to me. I used it for so many years...until I was simply to big for it.  My grandfather passed away several years ago, but something I knew I had from him was that desk and I had dreams of passing it on to my daughter.

It had been stored at my parents house in their shed and I was devastated to hear that it had been destroyed in the shed by a roof leak. :(
I begged my father to restore what he could of the desk, but he said he doubted he could do anything to save it.  I was so sad. :(

Christmas Eve night, when my family walked into my parents house, I was bawling like a big ole baby!  In front of us were 7 desks!  The one my father had restored for Ali and 6 more for the other grandchildren.




This gift was so special to me and the kids LOVE them! :)  Thanks Bumpa for the wonderful token of love.  We love you to the moon and back. :D

We had a wonderful Christmas with my family and we were all ready for some sleep.  We headed to David's parents home to get in bed and the kids were thrilled to know we would have yet another Christmas in the morning. :D

Merry Christmas!!!
We woke up on Christmas morning and ate a wonderful breakfast that my MIL made for us all.  She is a fabulous cook! :D

Here are a few shots from the Lynch family Christmas:











We had a great Christmas!  We are blessed with wonderful families and an even greater Lord.   It was hard to remind the children of "The Reason for the Season", but I think they get it. ;) 

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. Sorry again about my post being so late, but I plan to post several over the next few days to get caught up. :D
Night night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved