Home             Who Am I             The Family             Recipes             Contact

Sunday, April 29, 2012

LR Blues

Maybe it is because I have spent every minute of my spare time lately at the dentist with a broken jaw. Maybe it is because I have a two year old, who has mastered whining for what he wants. Maybe it is
because I am homesick for NWA and all of the friends and family I left behind. Maybe it is because I
am not working now (for the first time in my life) and I feel useless because of it. Maybe it is because I do, in fact, spend my entire day catering to a two year old and I rarely have adult interaction. Maybe it is because I have stopped losing weight and found comfort in chocolate (guilty pleasure) lately. Maybe I need medication...HA!
BUT I HAVE THE BLUES!
I have just felt very unsettled lately.  I miss NWA. I miss my friends/family there. I miss feeling safe where I live. I miss having friends who I saw, or at least heard from on a daily basis.  I miss knowing how to get somewhere when I leave my house. I miss being only an hour away from my family when I need a hug. I miss my children growing up with their grand parents, aunts and uncles,  and cousins.
Don't get me wrong: The move to LR has been well worth it.  I wouldn't trade it for the world. I get to stay home with my babies and the security of that is priceless, honestly!
We have made a great life for ourselves here and we have met friends that I can't imagine life without, but I am still entitled to miss home, right?
When will LR be home for me?  Will that ever happen for me or will I always feel home sick? :(
Poor me, right? ;)
No one wants to read this, I know. No one wants to write it or feel it either, though. I felt like being heard would maybe help me to get out of this rut.  Just say a prayer for me ladies. I WANT to get past this, I do, but I feel stuck.
Just stay in prayer with me that this will pass and the negativity and feelings of being home sick will go away.


Psalm 40:1-3

" I waited patiently for the Lord;
    he turned to me and heard my cry. 
He lifted me out of the slimy pit, 
    out of the mud and mire; 
he set my feet on a rock 
    and gave me a firm place to stand.
He put a new song in my mouth,
    a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear the Lord 
    and put their trust in him."

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved