Home             Who Am I             The Family             Recipes             Contact

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

What Vacation??

So much has happened in the last 6 weeks (since I last posted) and I would love to go back and do a recap, so that I could consider myself up to date, but frankly, the last 6 weeks are a blur.
Right before spring break, the kids got a stomach bug and David and I got to enjoy said stomach bug, while we should have been enjoying our spring break vacation to Dallas.  Speaking of spring break vacation... David and I were planning to go to Paris. We had planned our trip, site seeing and all, when I realized I never changed my name on my passport! UGH!  The only way to get it rushed, was to drive to Hot Springs and pay triple for my passport, so I opted to wait. I know they say 6-8 weeks, but the first time I got my passport, it came within two weeks, so I was hopeful that the same thing would happen.  Apparently March is a popular time for passport renewals and such because it did not come in time. :(  We changed our plans last minute to Dallas.  (Let me also add here that my passport came THE day before we left for Dallas and would have been leaving for Paris!)
We tried to have good attitudes about it.  Dallas is ugly, but shopping is fun...and there's always Six Flags to cheer you up. This was going to be the highlight of my vacation because I have never been to Six Flags and I am an amusement park junkie!  I could live at SDC, but we won't even go into all of that.
As we entered into gloomy Dallas, we were welcomed by storm clouds (which kept us away from Six Flags) and David's upset tummy (which kept us away from every where else!-lol).   Thats right!  What's vacation without a stomach bug?!
For the first two days, David was SICK!  He slept all the way there and by Monday, we could finally eat a meal together. LOL  Tuesday, the meals stopped abruptly when it was my turn to get sick!  I have never been so sick in my life!
When David got sick, he FELT like he was going to be sick.  He was miserable...nausea is the worst!  But when I got sick, I GOT sick!!!  Over the course of two days, I lost several pounds and tipped the housekeeping staff A LOT!  I felt so bad that they had to clean up after me, but they wouldn't let me do it!  They insisted.  In the end, it was probably best, but I still wonder whether those sweet ladies got sick the next day...
On Wednesday, I was well enough to leave the hotel, but still couldn't eat yet.  We went shopping, but even that wasn't enough to make me feel better. I spent half the day in the bathroom, trying to make sure I didn't throw up in front of an audience, but alas, no relief that day.
On Thursday, I was ready to get out!  I finally felt hungry and I couldn't wait to stuff my face.  My eyes were bigger than my shrunken stomach though. LOL  I ordered three things off of the menu and was only able to taste them before I felt full. LOL  It was a good night for left overs. I took full advantage of feeling better. We shopped, we watched a movie (I even ate popcorn!), and we stayed up well past our bedtime for the first time since we had arrived in Dallas.
Friday was hectic!  We headed home and mid drive, decided to change route to NWA to pick up some things (including a fridge) out of storage. We set up a last minute Uhaul truck and stayed up until 2am getting everything loaded and driving to Berryville, where we took up camp for two nights before finally arriving back home on Sunday.
It was an exhausting trip, but I was happy that we were able to get away and although we didn't get to go out and do much of anything, we felt blessed to have shared some time alone. :)  I saw only ONE positive thing about being sick, while on vacation: At least we weren't sick AND trying to take care of three kids! :)
Life resumed on Monday...(I'll tell you all about that in my next post).

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved