Home             Who Am I             The Family             Recipes             Contact

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Say NO to the airbrush!

On Facebook, I announced that I was getting my very first airbrush tan last week.  Just in case anyone was wondering...
DO NOT DO IT!
I don't know if you can tell from this picture, but I am covered in STREAKS!  I look dirty, instead of tan.

I have been "splotchy" from day one and there are so many rules that you can't even live life normally!
At first, I thought...no big deal! "Take quick, lukewarm showers..." No big deal, right?  WRONG!  I have legs to shave people! Oh, speaking of shaving your legs. When you shave your legs, you will notice that there are dark specs that look like leg hair, but it is in fact, tanning solution in your pores that is visible to the naked eye! YUCK!!!  Apparently since women shave their legs, their pores are larger and more "open", so the solution can very well settle in the pore and be visible!  Not cool!
When I got the airbrush tan (which was horrible because I had to get naked for a complete stranger), I wanted it to last as long as possible. I was hoping, despite their prediction of 7-10 days, it would last a good, solid three weeks if I just took good care of it.  Unfortunately, it just might!  Except that, only SOME of it will! LOL  I am one week into it and I am just praying that the Internet is wrong and it won't continue to get worse before it gets better! It can take your body 3 weeks to completely rejuvenate skin and the tan could very well last until then and continue to get more streaky until the end of that three weeks when all of the dead skin has sloughed off!  WOW!  
I am absolutely horrified by the way my legs look, but at least I can wear jeans and cover them. UGH!
Lets consider this a lesson learned. I will NEVER get another airbrush tan, EVER!  I was trying to do it the safe, "healthy" way, but apparently I will have to go the "natural" route and expose myself to some UV rays, otherwise I will get eaten alive on the beach in June! LOL

2 comments:

  1. Haha I don't do spray or wipe on tans... I don't care what people say, there is just something I don't like!!! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is definitely something I don't like, after experiencing it! LOL I won't be doing it again.
    How are you so dark then? Tell me your secret! OR are you just blessed with being think AND tan naturally?! ;)
    I miss you SO much!

    ReplyDelete



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2011 • All Rights Reserved